Work in the BookStore!
Volunteers are welcome to apply to work in the BookStore. Following acceptance and a training session with experienced staff, new volunteers are typically asked to "fill-in" on different shifts until more permanent places arise.There is always a need for weekend staff.
The work in the BookStore involves:
- Constant contact with customers and donors
- Acceptance and processing of donations
- Evaluation of value of the donations
- Developing knowledge of the categories of books and audiovisual materials for sale
- Moving, boxing and shelving of books in the BookStore/Office
- Handling money
- Keeping accurate records of transactions
- Acceptance of established procedures for working in the BookStore/Office