Join or Renew Your Membership
How to Join
- Complete the application form available online. Use Adobe Reader to fill out the online form and print it or print the blank form and fill it out. To determine the type of membership and cost, review the Membership Benefits list (PDF).
- Pick up a form at the BookStore.
Return the completed form in person or by mail to the BookStore with your dues.
If you join at the BookStore, your membership card will be issued on the spot. If you join by mail, come to the BookStore a week or so later to pick up your membership card. You may call 510) 733-3285 before coming in to see if they are available.
How to Renew
Late summer and early fall is the time to renew your membership! Your current membership, with the discount benefits at the Book Store and book sales, expires on September 30th of the current year.
To renew your membership:
- Use the online application form. The form may be filled out on your computer using Adobe Reader or print it and fill it out by hand Mail the completed form or bring it to the Friends BookStore, with dues in cash or a local check. Come by the BookStore to pick up your membership card.
- Stop by the Friends BookStore & Office and complete the application and pay the correct dues by cash or local check. Your new membership card will be issued on the spot!
- Purchase a renewal membership at the November book sale by filling out the application form and paying the fee. Your new membership card will be issued immediately.
- Use the envelope/renewal form included with the August newsletter and mail or deliver the completed form to the BookStore.
Pick up your membership card at the BookStore. You may call before coming to see if they are available. If you choose to become a Lifetime Members, your card will be mailed to you.
The August issue of the Circle of Friends Newsletter will be sent by U.S. mail to your street address. Other issues will be emailed to you unless you have opted to have newsletters sent to you by U.S Mail.
If you do not provide an email address or you choose to use U.S. Mail when you fill out your membership form, all newsletters and other communications will be sent to you by U.S. Mail.