Thank you for your cooperation in making the Friends BookStore a pleasant place to browse and shop! These guidelines are based on suitability of materials for resale and very limited storage facilities. If you are unsure, please contact a volunteer for guidance before bringing in "questionable material."
A general rule: If you would not purchase it in its current condition, please do not donate it!
"Gently used" materials are gratefully accepted within the guidelines listed below.
We are unable to accept:
- Books and other written materials that are:
- Damp, moldy, smelly, smoky
- Underlined or highlighted
- With torn pages and backs
- Generally not in good condition
- Certain types of books such as:
- Out-dated atlases, computer manuals, price lists for collectors, and travel guides
- Textbooks older than 3 years
- Library discards, pornographic materials, and catalogs
- Encyclopedias and other multi-volume sets
- Teacher edition texts without student books
- Readers Digest condensed fiction
- VHS Tapes (except Disney)
- Audio Books on cassette tapes
Magazines in good condition from the past six months are acceptable. Please ask about older magazines.